Senior Commercial Business Development Manager – Mid-Atlantic (Raleigh-Durham, DC)Remote
We are seeking a business development manager preferably in the Raleigh-Durham or Washington DC area to drive sales and expand accounts in their assigned territory. The role reports into the commercial leader. A successful candidate will have an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial work ethic. This person will work closely with marketing, product management, and customer success groups.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Develop appropriate accounts and specific sales plans for each of the product lines in the portfolio to meet sales goals and objectives.
- Successfully managed a complex sales process for capital equipment, reagents and software services, and close sales.
- Deliver effective scientific/technical pitch presentations and demonstrations of the Protein sequencing platform.
- Demonstrate, install if needed, and gain customer acceptance of the platform system at customer sites.
- Provide regular updates on progress towards meeting assigned goals.
- Effectively utilize CRM database (salesforce.com) as well as other sales and enablement tools
- Accurately manage sales pipeline activities by managing existing customers and continuously working to expand our customer base.
- Attend trade shows and conferences when possible
- All other duties signed as necessary
- Bachelor degree in life science and 5+ years or equivalent commercial experience, specifically sales and business development experience in proteomics, molecular biology or DNA sequencing markets.
- Located preferably in the Raleigh-Durham, NC or Washington DC area.
- Track record selling capital equipment and reagents is a must.
- Strong relationships in Pharma, biotech and academic research organizations is a must. Relationships in Drug Discovery & Development and in biological drug development is a plus.
- Strong knowledge base of proteomics assay methodologies including immunoassays and mass spectrometry, and workflows experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated track record in lead generation and in prospecting. Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Strong desire to win business and establish long-term customer relationships.
- Confident energetic “Hunter” mentality.
- Highly adaptable and independent.
- Thrives in a startup, rapidly growing, company environment. Can pivot when necessary and stay positive.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, great computer skills.
- Take initiative and have a strong growth mindset.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Graduate degree in life sciences preferred.
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $145,000 - $190,000. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, level of the position, an individual’s skills, knowledge and abilities, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Additionally, all full-time employees are eligible for our discretionary bonus program and equity as part of the compensation package.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.