Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $36 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
We are seeking an Senior Accounts Payable Specialist to become an integral part of our team. This role will focus on day-to-day accounts payable processing and play an important role in supporting the broader team with the monthly financial close. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Verify the accuracy of invoices against POs and ensure accurate approval process where necessary
- Set up new vendors and obtain appropriate documentation in accordance with company policy
- Approve or set up check runs for vendor payments and employee reimbursements
- Ensure all payables are properly coded and recorded to the correct company/GL account
- Work with all employees to ensure their understanding of accounts payable protocol
- Research vendor discrepancies and past-due amounts
- Key contributor to the Accounts Payable automation project
- Participate in ad-hoc project-based work as needed for efficiency, scalability, and control
- Associate’s degree in accounting, business or finance and relevant 8+years of experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working in a high growth fast paced environment
- Familiar with Accounts Payable in both automated and non-automated environments.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry a plus
- ERP experience with an understanding of accounts payable automation workflows, NetSuite a plus
- Experience processing Accounts Payable and setting up new vendors
- Must be a self-starter who can communicate across multiple levels of the organization
- Extremely well organized with an ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- Applies analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex situations for resolution
- Demonstrated ability to create and simplify policies and procedures
- Communicates in clear and concise manner, both orally and written
- Proficient in Excel, including pivot tables, and V-lookups
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Fully covered medical insurance plan along with a generous company sponsored health reimbursement account, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off - personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results plus 14 paid holidays inclusive of MLK Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day and Veterans Day
- Parental Leave - we provide a generous 10 week parental leave and additional 6-8 weeks pregnancy related leave for birthing parents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $70,000 - $100,000. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, level of the position, an individual’s skills, knowledge and abilities, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Additionally, all full-time employees are eligible for our discretionary bonus program and equity as part of the compensation package.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.