VP of Sales
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
As the VP of Sales, you will be responsible for the leadership and direction of the sales organization at Quantum-Si. In this role, you will be required to build and manage a high-performing global sales and customer support team. You have experience developing the sales strategy and support strategy for disruptive products and enabling your team to hit their sales targets. You enjoy providing leadership while raising the bar, fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high performance, and ethical behavior. You have a deep love for working in a fast-paced startup environment, transitioning the business from pre-commercial to fully transactional, and are comfortable with rolling up your sleeves to contribute in any capacity required.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Oversee the sales and support organizations including job roles and processes
- Meeting assigned targets for profitable sales volume, market share, and other key financial performance objectives
- Build and develop a high performing team of sales and support professionals
- Work with Finance and Product/Marketing to ensure successful product launches
- Establish CRM, Order to Cash, and other commercial processes including multiple channel strategies
- Monitor and track customer feedback for new product lines, satisfaction, and customer retention improvements.
- Provide support in the area of marketing strategy and management, develop the annual sales and marketing plan and strategies, tactics and resources needed to achieve goals.
- Develop a strong team that includes coaching, mentoring and developing professionals.
- At least 10 years experience in commercial sales for life sciences tools
- Direct experience working on DNA sequencing or proteomics technologies
- Proven history of building high performing teams and achieving sales targets
- Sound business judgment and discretion for managing projects and teams
- Ability to develop and execute against dynamic timelines and balance multiple projects
- Experience developing and releasing disruptive products and building new markets
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Experience in proteomics
- Experience commercializing equipment ecosystems (instruments, reagents and cloud services)
- Experience positioning products for a regulated environment
- MBA or Masters Degree
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
Domestic and international travel 25% - 50% of the time depending on location.
We offer great perks:
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Fully covered medical insurance plan along with a generous company sponsored health reimbursement account, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off - personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results plus 14 paid holidays inclusive of MLK Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day and Veterans Day
- Parental Leave - we provide a generous 10 week parental leave and additional 6-8 weeks pregnancy related leave for birthing parents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut OR Beautiful office in the heart of San Diego
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.