VP of Product / Marketing
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
The product management and marketing teams at Quantum-Si are responsible for defining the brand, product, go-to-market strategy and user experience for the company. For more than a decade, next-generation DNA sequencing has transformed every aspect of the life sciences. However, genetics is only one component of human disease. New tools are required to understand how proteins and proteoforms interact with the environment to improve how we develop drugs, diagnose patients, and combat outbreaks. The product management team sits at the forefront of defining how we achieve this vision. Come work alongside a world-class team of scientists and engineers to define a new frontier for next-generation protein sequencing.
As the VP of Marketing, you will be responsible to help define, develop, and bring to market a suite of revolutionary products spanning full sample-to-answer solutions. In this role, you will be required to build and manage a high-performance data-driven team of product managers, marketers, designers, analysts and more. You clearly define product vision backed by strong research and market data and expect the same from your team and have experience bringing disruptive technology to market. You have a deep love for working in a fast-paced startup environment, transitioning a business from pre-commercial to transactional, and are comfortable with rolling up your sleeves to contribute in any capacity required.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Oversee and manage the product management and marketing teams
- Deliver clear product definitions for market differentiated products
- Drive product adoption through the creation, execution, and tracking of marketing campaigns
- Coordinate all marketing activities associated with launch and post-launch
- Lead product launch readiness
- Execute primary and secondary market research to identify product definition, positioning and pricing strategies
- Manage corporate branding and e-marketing
- Hire and manage a team of product managers and marketers
- Provide support in the area of sale and go-to-market strategy and management, develop the annual sales and marketing plan and strategies, tactics and resources needed to achieve goals.
- Develop a strong team that includes coaching, mentoring and developing professionals.
- At least 10 years experience in product management and marketing
- Direct experience working on DNA sequencing or proteomics technologies
- Experience working on products across the full product life cycle
- Experience building and running marketing campaigns
- Sound business judgment and discretion for managing projects and teams
- Ability to develop and execute against dynamic timelines and balance multiple projects
- Experience developing and releasing disruptive products and building new markets
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Experience in proteomics
- Experience developing products for a regulated environment
- Ph.D.,MBA or Masters Degree
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Fully covered medical insurance plan along with a generous company sponsored health reimbursement account, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off - personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results plus 14 paid holidays inclusive of MLK Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day and Veterans Day
- Parental Leave - we provide a generous 10 week parental leave and additional 6-8 weeks pregnancy related leave for birthing parents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut OR Beautiful office in the heart of San Diego
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.