Optical Manufacturing Technician
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Lead, the Optical Manufacturing Technician will perform assembly, testing and assigned technical manufacturing tasks to meet program requirements. This position will involve production assembly and testing of complex electro optic assemblies, optical modules and sub modules containing optical components with guidance from principal engineers and scientists.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be: Assembling and aligning mechanical and/or opto-mechanical subassemblies, soldering and building some electronic assemblies for production. Additional duties will be in developing, setting up and maintaining work areas to assemble and test optical module assemblies. Duties may include setting up experiments and optical test equipment, conducting tests, and recording data as well as work to continually improve and develop processes and other documentation.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3 years’ of electrical/electronic work experience including soldering and cable & wire harness assembly within a manufacturing work environment
- Electronic and optical lab equipment experience including DVM’s, power meters, power supplies, oscilloscopes and optical test equipment-build/modify as needed, and test set up
- Basic machine tool operation experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- High level of adaptability, multi-tasker, excellent problem solver with experience working in a highly dynamic, with collaborative cross functional teams in an advanced technical work environment
- Intermediate-Advanced proficiency MS Word and Excel; basic proficiency with PowerPoint
- U.S. Citizenship is a requirement of employment
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes:
- 2 year Technical Degree
- Experience working with optics/optical R&D prototyping, opto-mechanical, electro-mechanical, electro-optical based systems and components including optical fusion splicing systems
- J-STD 001 Soldering Certification
- IPC-620 Cable and Wire Harness Certification
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.