Scientist I, System Integration
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
Our Garnet Valley location has an opening for a Scientist I, System Integration
For more than a decade, next-generation DNA sequencing has transformed every aspect of the life sciences. However, genetics is only one component of human disease. New tools are required to understand how genes interact with the environment to improve how we develop drugs, diagnose patients, and combat outbreaks. Come work alongside a world-class team of scientists and engineers to define a new frontier for next-generation sequencing.
In this role at Garnet Valley, PA, you will be a user of our protein sequencing platform and perform existing experimental protocols to validate and assure the quality of our chip products. You will have opportunities to improve the experimental protocols, improve reliability, as well as to work closely with multi-functional teams including Operation and R&D teams, especially System Integration team at Guilford, CT. You will be responsible for analyzing and reporting test results.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Conduct and analyze routine baseline test protocols for multi-step, multi-component biological workflow for the validation and quality control of our chip product. Report analysis to supervisor.
- Improve the existing test protocols in repeatability and reproducibility.
- Participate in quality control and process improvement activities
- Conduct and analyze new test protocol evaluations for multi-step, multi-component biological workflows in collaboration with System Integration team at Guilford, CT
- Maintain clean lab environments and follow safety protocols.
- Maintain the sequencing machine, reagents (chemicals) and supply inventory needed for analysis
- Initial training at Guilford, CT for up to 2 weeks is required.
- B.S. degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, Biological Engineering, or related field.
- Research experience at the bench in these or related fields, demonstrating lab skills and perseverance in the face of obstacles
- Strong attention to detail, ability to follow complex protocols accurately and reproducibly.
- Keen powers of observation, able to identify and capture critical insights associated with testing processes.
- Excellent writing and communication skills are required, and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Statistical analysis of experimental data
- Experience with protein sample preparation workflows or next generation sequencing workflows is a plus
You deeply identify with core Quantum-Si values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Fully covered medical insurance plan along with a generous company sponsored health reimbursement account, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off - personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results plus 14 paid holidays inclusive of MLK Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day and Veterans Day
- Parental Leave - we provide a generous 10 week parental leave and additional 6-8 weeks pregnancy related leave for birthing parents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
Candidates must be either a U.S. citizen or already legally working in the U.S. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.