Director of Communications
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
The Director of Communications will manage the strategic corporate communications function, interacting with senior management on a wide range of media relations, executive communications, and internal and external communications issues.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Develop communication plans, content and messaging, and prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material for the senior leadership team as necessary.
- Performs media relations activities fostering positive relationships with key reporters and business and consumer outlets.
- Write, edit and monitor press releases and create press release outreach plans.
- Serve as a cross functional partner to marketing, sales and development teams.
- Assists with strategic marketing communication plans to promote and enhance company brands including social media.
- Support external Company events including trade shows, webinars, seminars and conferences.
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or marketing/communications. Master’s degree preferred.
- 7+ years experience in communications.
- Experience with product commercialization in the life sciences industry
- Ability to clearly communicate complex information in an easy to understand manner.
- Excellent organizational skills and commitment to quality/accuracy
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high paced environment.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Experience working for a public company.
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Fully covered medical insurance plan along with a generous company sponsored health reimbursement account, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off - personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results plus 14 paid holidays inclusive of MLK Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day and Veterans Day
- Parental Leave - we provide a generous 10 week parental leave and additional 6-8 weeks pregnancy related leave for birthing parents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut OR Beautiful office in the heart of San Diego
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.