Engineer II, System Integration
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
The System Integration team plays a critical role in forging together all parts of our system into products that will be used all around the world. Come work alongside a world-class team of scientists and engineers to define a new frontier for next generation sequencing.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Support the development, operation and maintenance of the protein sequencing instrument.
- Periodically characterizing instruments to identify potential failure mode.
- Document equipment failure data, identify true root causes.
- Assist troubleshooting instruments to improve the overall robustness of our protein sequencing technology.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or other relevant disciplines. MS degree with industry experience preferred
- Familiar with Data Acquisition Systems, instrumentation, and general electronics
- Familiar with MS word and MS Excel
- Ability to closely follow electrical diagrams and schematics
- Strong attention to detail, ability to follow complex protocols accurately and reproducibly.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills are required, and the ability to interact well in group meetings/working environments in the face of tight timelines.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Independent, self-starter with self-motivation
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Experience with one or more of the following areas: semiconductor devices, lasers, silicon, photonics, control systems.
- Experience working in startup environments
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut OR Beautiful office overlooking the Flatiron Building in NYC OR Beautiful office in the heart of San Diego
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.