Senior Scientist, System Integration
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gives us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
The System Integration team plays a critical role in forging together all parts of our system into products that will be used all around the world. Come work alongside a world-class team of scientists and engineers to define a new frontier for next generation sequencing. The work will be collaborative and multidisciplinary, covering a wide range of technical fields, including but not limited to molecular biology, chemistry, electronics, software, engineering.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Design and execute experiments to drive the performance of protein sequencing.
- Collaborate on development projects that push the boundaries on performance and usability of our protein sequencing platform.
- Drive protocol implementation through data-based decision making.
- Contribute to ideas for product improvement.
- PhD, MS with 3-7 years, BS with 5-10 years of experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Biological Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field. Recent PhD graduates are welcome to apply.
- At least 2 to 3 years of laboratory experience carrying out experiments and analyzing results, preferably in the areas of biosensors, biotechnology, or next generation sequencing
- Experience with data analysis tools and programming languages is highly desired due to the large amount of data generated in next generation sequencing experiment
- Strong attention to detail, ability to follow complex protocols accurately and reproducibly.
- Strong problem-solving, experimental, and data analysis skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills are required, and the ability to interact well in group meetings/working environments in the face of tight timelines.
- Independent, self-starter with self-motivation
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Experience with one or more of the following areas: Next Generation Sequencing workflows and reagents, semiconductor devices, lasers, silicon photonics, optomechanics, control systems.
- Experience working in startup environments
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.