Senior Analytical Scientist
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
- Transfer, develop and validate sample preparation and analytical quantification methods for chemical and biological analytes using analytical methods such as LC-MS, HPLC, UV-VIS Spectrophotometry.
- Create, manage and analyze control charts which monitor accuracy and precision of QA-QC procedures over time to streamline quality assurance, secondary review of data and root cause analysis
- Support incoming and outgoing analytical method transfers, including method alignment, method validation, standard operating procedure (SOP) generation and equivalence testing
- Develop, implement, and validate state-of-the-art quantitative and qualitative analysis methods of proteins, oligonucleotides and peptides.
- Develop and optimize entire analytical workflow for sample analysis including new analytical methods with LC-MS, sample preparation, data analysis, data interpretation & reporting.
- Primary responsibility is development of new analytical methods for variety of standard analytical instrumentation available within the group.
- Execute sample processing and analysis with various analytical instruments such as LC-MS/MS, HPLC, fluorometry, UV-VIS spectrophotometry to support multiple internal and external projects.
- Responsible for analytical instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Process and analyze large data sets.
- Routinely collaborate internally with other groups (R&D, Product Development and Manufacturing) to establish appropriate analytical methods and deliver high-quality data & analyses.
- MS or PhD in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related discipline, focus on analytical chemistry.
- MS degree with 3+ years or PhD with 1+ years of industrial/startup experience
- Highly proficient with the hands-on operation and maintenance of HPLC and LC-MS systems & software.
- Extensive hands-on experience with Analytical method development and validation for small and/or large molecule.
- Hands-on experience of sample preparation from complex biological samples for analysis on various analytical instruments.
- Proficiency with MassHunter, Open Lab instrumentation software is preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise with developing and optimizing analytics workflows, and data analysis.
- Able to communicate and collaborate effectively within multi-disciplinary R&D and Engineering groups.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and attentive with the ability to creatively problem-solve
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in the heart of San Diego
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.