Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
Quantum-Si is looking for a Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting, reporting to the Director of SEC Reporting to continue to strengthen the Company’s financial reporting and SOX 404 functions. This new role will assist with external financial reporting and prepare the financial statements and related regulatory filings including but not limited to the 10-K, 10-Q, proxy statements, and annual report. The role will be responsible for all technical accounting guidance and analysis. This position will also be responsible for supporting the quarterly reviews and annual audit, as well as, researching, interpreting, and implementing new accounting standards to support our rapidly growing business.
This position is a hybrid (office/remote) position and the individual must be within commuting distance of our Guilford and New Haven, CT offices.
- Lead the preparation of SEC filings (10-K, 10-Qs, etc.)
- Prepare detailed tie-out of 10-Q and 10-K, including drafting and reviewing disclosures, and compiling supporting documentation
- Assist in the preparation and review of the earnings release and documents to support the earnings call
- Partner with various corporate departments (Legal, FP&A, etc.) to help interpret and apply U.S. GAAP
- Work closely and effectively with external auditors to coordinate requests for our integrated financial statement audit and quarterly reviews
- Conduct and document technical accounting research on assorted topics as they prevail to conclude on the appropriate application of U.S. GAAP requirements
- Assist with the Company’s assessment of the effectiveness of internal control over financial reporting to address Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Perform regular reviews of accounting policies, procedures and internal controls in order to ensure continuous improvement
- Assist with the preparation of stock-based compensation accounting, earnings per share and other equity accounting analyses, reconciliations, and journal entries for month-end close
- Monitor and analyze proposed rule changes and implement as necessary
- Degree in Accounting
- 3-5+ years public accounting experience and/or comparable industry experience
- CPA preferred
- Experienced in SEC, PCAOB, U.S. GAAP, and other authoritative standards and regulations and complex accounting and financial reporting topics
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP with preference to the medical device, life sciences or high-tech product industries
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and meet assigned deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities, intellect, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills required
- Energetic, efficient, and resourceful team player and individual contributor
- Must excel in a fast-paced start-up type environment
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.