Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
The Financial Analyst will have the opportunity to assist Quantum-SI through a period of high growth. You will get the chance to work with a world class scientific organization on the cusp of product commercialization. This position will report to the Director, FP&A and will afford the qualified candidate the chance to build new financial processes, reporting, procedures, and to assist in QSI’s commercial product launch.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Assisting with the development of Annual Operating Plans (AOP) and forecasts.
- Analyzing performance of actual results vs plan and forecasts, making improvements, and working to correct data alignment.
- Improving financial reporting processes and establishing new ones (R&D support in particular.)
- Reporting budget to actual results and becoming a trusted financial partner to functional leaders in New Haven, CT.
- Managing headcount analytics.
- Implementing financial planning software and managing the maintenance and version control of the system.
- Building financial models and partnering with cross-functional teams to facilitate financially sound business decisions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in business, finance, or accounting.
- Analytical, ERP, and Excel modeling skills.
- 3+ years in financial analysis roles. Experience being a business partner to functional leaders.
- Skilled in maintaining and managing Netsuite Planning and Budgeting (i.e. Smartview, Essbase, Workforce Planning.)
- Growth mindset and the desire to learn about Quantum-SI and evolve with the company.
- Be cognizant of the big picture but also able to work in the details.
- Communicative and collaborative style.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with all employees.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
You deeply identify with core Quantum-Si values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.