Senior/Staff Deep Learning and Signal Processing Scientist
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious computational scientist to join our algorithms and data analysis teams with a focus on predictive analytics and signal processing. We have terabytes of data that we add to every day through multiple research programs and some of the hard problems that are posed by our research scientists require computational approaches in signal processing, pattern recognition, and probabilistic modeling to search for answers. This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious data scientist as the data has multiple layers of information that correspond to different scientific or engineering fields. These cover digital signal transduction through cmos chips, organic chemistry, and molecular biology kinetics. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in a computational field with a focus on high resolution time series data analysis and experience with scientific data sets.
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Computer Science, Physics, or a related computational/scientific field
- Track record of developing novel computational approaches and algorithms to solve complex signal processing problems
- Persistence in investigating hard problems, strong analytical thinking in breaking
- problems into logical subproblems, ability to devise efficient and flexible strategies to explore such problems from multiple angles, and a strong systematic discipline in documenting findings and hypotheses.
- Programming and development skills (good to have): git, pytest etc.
- Deep understanding of probability, statistics, and machine learning (e.g.: TensorFlow, Hidden Markov Models)
- Deep knowledge of Python scientific computing libraries (numpy, scipy, sklearn, etc.)
- Experience working with large datasets
- Excellent data summarization and visualization skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with laboratory scientists
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.