Senior Electrical Engineer
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
The role of the Senior Electrical Engineer offers the opportunity to work within the heart of the product development team at Quantum-Si.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Design lead of medical instrumentation circuit boards.
- Support transition of prototype systems into volume manufacturing.
- Prepares presentations, reports, research, and other deliverables.
- Provides expert judgment and analysis for the design, development and implementation of technical products and systems.
- Resolves highly complex technical issues and conducts advanced research.
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve the quality of products and/or procedures.
- Periodic weekend work and long days may be required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the field with a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering.
- Expert in either Analog or Digital, or broad competence in both (generalist) Analog skills Op-amps and discrete design
- Experience leading small design teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Takes ownership of tasks and problems and provides solutions.
- Self-starter with a ferocious work ethic who can work independently, but who also functions well in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience with high-speed digital design circuit (HDL) and simulation.
- Experience with PCB design tasks and tools to design (schematic capture), analyze and simulate designs prior to hardware execution.
- Experienced in signal integrity and EMI/EMC design techniques for PCBA design
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.