Senior/Staff Scientist - Physical and Materials Chemistry
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
As Senior/Staff Physical and Material Chemistry, you will lead assay development efforts for a major initiative related to our core single-molecule technology platform. You will contribute to a multi-disciplinary team of scientists (including biologists, chemists, and computer scientists) who will develop highly innovative assay options for commercial application while meeting project timelines. You will possess a strong working knowledge in Photonics, Signal Processing, Lithography, and Laser Physics. A background in Chemical Biology or Biochemistry is strongly encouraged.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Work with both Research and Product teams to set requirements for CMOS and CMOS surface-related system components.
- Develop novel and improve upon existing surface chemistries.
- Introduce data analysis pipelines for pixel processing, chip loading, and SNR optimizations.
- Advanced degree(s) in Physics, Chemistry, or related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in either academic or industry settings.
- Experience in Statistical Control Processes and experience integrating photonics and lithography with life sciences molecules.
You deeply identify with core Quantum-Si values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Applicants, please answer the following in your cover letter:
Describe an exciting scientific problem that you have worked on and what you found most appealing.
What aspects of Quantum-Si most interest you?
Please describe yourself in one word.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.