Senior Scientist Biochemistry and Biophysics
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
As Senior Scientist, Biochemistry & Biophysics, you will lead assay development efforts for a major initiative related to our core single-molecule technology platform. You will contribute scientific leadership and expertise to a multi-disciplinary team of scientists (including biologists, chemists, and computer scientists) who will develop highly innovative assay options for commercial application while meeting project timelines. A strong working knowledge of protein biochemistry, biophysics, enzymology, bioconjugation and assay development is desired. The key requirements of the role are to provide strong technical skills across a breadth of biochemical and biophysical techniques, exceptional scientific achievement and intuition, and passion for basic and applied research.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Help setup, organize and design a new R&D site for single-molecule biochemistry and product development.
- Work closely with key internal and external stakeholders to design and execute high-throughput protein and/or aptamer evolution screens against small molecule and protein targets.
- Develop rigorous, industrialized workflows to characterize biomolecules arising from evolution-based screening approaches.
- Leverage your knowledge of binding kinetics and bioconjugation techniques to design and execute single molecule experiments with newly developed aptamers and/or protein reagents.
- Set up and operate complex instrumentation and laboratory automation.
- Plan, execute, and evaluate multiple scientific strategies in parallel where appropriate.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, analytical, communication, and presentation skills.
- Mentor and train junior scientists.
- PhD in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Chemistry, Molecular Biology or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in using progressive research and/or product development roles.
- Technical proficiency in general laboratory practices, particularly in Biochemistry, Biophysics or Chemical Biology, including but not limited to: chromatography (HPLC, AKTA), SEC-MALS, FP, nanoDSF, MST, BLI, SPR, ITC, mass spec (LCMS and/or MALDI), various purification techniques, and various bioconjugation techniques.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Experience in single molecule assay development is desirable.
- Experience in the successful commercialization of a product and/or assay
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in the heart of San Diego
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.