Scientist II / Research Scientist, Biochemistry
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gives us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
The System Integration team plays a critical role in forging together all parts of our system into products that will be used all around the world. Come work alongside a world-class team of scientists and engineers to define a new frontier for next generation sequencing.
In this role you will be operating at the intersection of research and product development. As part of our team your core responsibilities will include:
- Conduct and analyze system integration experiments for reagent and kit development.
- Develop and implement experiments tailored to improving the performance of reagents and buffer systems.
- Develop and improve assays to characterize biomolecules and verify their activity.
- Participate in multidisciplinary collaborations across a variety of fields.
- Communicate results of system integration experiments to the various functional teams and assist in troubleshooting.
- Write reports and internal publications detailing experimental design and results.
- B.S. plus significant industry experience in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, or related field; or M.S. plus 3 years industry experience; or P.h.D.
- Technical proficiency in general laboratory practices, particularly Biochemistry/Molecular Biology, including but not limited to: chromatography (HPLC, AKTA), protein production/purification, site-directed mutagenesis, protein conjugation chemistries, protein-protein and protein-substrate characterization assays.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic who can work independently, but who also functions well in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent writing and communication skills are required, and the ability to interact well in group meetings/working environments in the face of tight timelines.
- Experience with single-molecule assay development for genomic, proteomic, immunologic or other biological application(s) is strongly preferred.
- Expertise in protein purification and characterization is preferred.
You deeply identify with core Quantum-Si values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.