Scientist I/II, Validation
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
In this role you will be a leading-edge user of our protein sequencing platform, performing experiments that push the boundaries on performance and usability of the system. You will have opportunities to work closely with functional teams across the organization as we integrate and validate new features into our kit, instrument, and chip products.
For more than a decade, next-generation DNA sequencing has transformed every aspect of the life sciences. However, genetics is only one component of human disease. New tools are required to understand how genes interact with the environment to improve how we develop drugs, diagnose patients, and combat outbreaks. The System Integration team plays a critical role in forging together all parts of our system into products that will be used all around the world. Come work alongside a world-class team of scientists and engineers to define a new frontier for next generation sequencing.
As part of the chemistry team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Evaluate integrated system performance for new chemistry discoveries.
- Perform chemical and biochemical analysis to validate protocols and reagent kits.
- Periodic weekend work and long days may be required.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- BS degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, Biological Engineering, or related field. MS degree or BS+2 years of industrial experience is required for the Scientist II position.
- Research experience at the bench in these or related fields, demonstrating lab skills and perseverance in the face of obstacles
- Strong attention to detail, ability to follow complex protocols accurately and reproducibly.
- Keen powers of observation, able to identify and capture critical insights associated with testing processes.
- Excellent writing and communication skills are required, and the ability to interact well in group meetings/working environments in the face of tight timelines.
- Statistical analysis of experimental data
- Experience with protein sample preparation workflows or next generation sequencing workflows is a plus
You deeply identify with core Quantum-Si values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.