Senior/Staff Scientist: Bioconjugation
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
As the Senior/Staff Scientist, you will be responsible for leading the research and development of bioconjugation projects in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
As part of the chemistry team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Develop highly efficient methods to conjugate proteins to proteins and proteins to oligonucleotides.
- Develop analytical methods to evaluate the quality of conjugated biomolecules.
- Coordinate with the small molecule discovery team and apply new chemical reactions to bioconjugation.
- Transfer protocols to the operation team and external partners.
- PhD in organic/bioorganic chemistry + 2 years postdoc/industrial experience in bioconjugation chemistry.
- Strong track record of scientific publication/patent application.
- Experience in purifying protein-protein, protein-oligonucleotide, or protein-small molecule conjugates is required. Experience in all three areas is highly desirable.
- In-depth understanding of factors that influence the thermal and chemical stabilities of proteins and protein conjugates.
- Record of multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Record of completing projects through collaborations.
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in less time than your industry peers
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in the heart of San Diego
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.