Research Scientist: Nucleic Acid Chemistry
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
As the Research Scientist, you will be responsible for the synthesis of a diverse set of oligonucleotides to support the projects of the chemistry team. In this role, you will be operating at the intersection of chemistry research and product development. You are an expert in nucleic acid chemistry and have a good understanding of organic chemistry in general. You have a deep love for working in a fast-paced startup environment and are self-motivated.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Plan and execute solid-phase oligonucleotide synthesis.
- Analyze oligonucleotides using modern analytical chemistry techniques.
- Oligonucleotide derivatization.
- Collaborate with other teams across the organization for the needs of oligonucleotide synthesis.
- Keep track of experimental details and transfer the records to the operation team.
- Maintain the solid-phase DNA/RNA synthesizer.
- PhD in nucleic acid chemistry or MS with 3+ years of relevant industrial experience is required.
- Track record of scientific publication/patent application.
- Expertise in solid-phase oligonucleotide is required.
- Experience in characterizing oligonucleotides using mass spectrometry is required.
- Experience in synthesizing derivatized oligonucleotides is required.
- Experience of characterizing dye-labeled oligonucleotides is desired.
- Experience in nucleic acid biophysics characterization is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in less time than your industry peers
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.