Senior Data Scientist, Single Molecule Biophysics
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
As (Senior) Data Scientist, Single Molecule, you will contribute scientific leadership and expertise in statistics and scientific computation to leverage machine learning and predictive models and drive actionable insights from our single molecule detection platform.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Use Quantum-Si Cloud platform for protein sequencing data analysis, make informative conclusions, and present impactful visualizations of key findings.
- Design and implement automated and user-friendly pipelines to produce and analyze single molecule fluorescence data in efforts to develop novel applications of protein sequencing platform.
- Lead efforts to design analytical tools and predictive models using machine learning concepts to drive key research and development decisions in the team
- Work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary group of engineers and scientists to develop novel applications of the next-generation single-molecule protein sequencing platform
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, analytical, communication, and presentation skills
- PhD in Biophysics, Bioinformatics, Physics, Chemistry, or a related field. Candidate should have a strong track record of scientific publication.
- Strong background in single molecule experiments such as FRET, enzyme kinetics, binding-unbinding, single particle tracking, lifetime, and/or polarization. Working knowledge of dye photophysical and photochemical properties.
- Direct experience with image processing and scientific programming in Python (eg. NumPy, SciPy, scikit-image, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, etc) and data visualization tools (eg. Pandas, Plotly, Tableau, Google Charts, D3, PiktoChart or similar) is a must
- Track record of building and using supervised and/or unsupervised machine learning algorithms, including but not limited to classification, regression, clustering models, and other form of anomaly detection/pattern recognition for single molecule data
- Comfortable dealing with dimensionality reduction, cross validation, and optimization of small datasets under uncertainty
- Experience interpreting biological statistics and translating them to clear action items in collaboration with multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists
- Knowledge of data acquisition and software tools like Visual C++, Visual Basic, LabVIEW, MATLAB and ability to implement software-hardware integration is a plus
- Familiarity of large scale genomic and proteomic data sets and bioinformatics tools is a plus.
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in less time than your industry peers
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in the heart of San Diego
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.