Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
Quantum-Si is looking for a hands-on, innovative, and collaborative Corporate Counsel with experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry who thrives in a high-science, rapidly-growing, fast-paced, and collaborative environment. Reporting to the General Counsel (GC), the Corporate Counsel will partner with the GC and our legal team on a broad range of legal matters to provide high quality legal, privacy, compliance, and contractual services to advance Quantum-Si's business strategy, while exercising discretion, professionalism and solid judgment. This exciting position will be a key member of our legal team with the opportunity to make a big impact on our company while ensuring a cohesive, collaborative, inclusive, and fun workplace experience.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Prepare and review public market and securities-related legal and compliance matters; collaborate with internal stakeholders on SEC filings, such as 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, Section 16 filings, and proxy statement
- Assist GC in managing trading windows within the company's stock plan administration platform; assist with communications related to trading windows and equity related communications
- Partner with GC in connection with corporate legal matters relating to Board of Directors and related committees; maintain committee charters and other key governance documents; refine and manage corporate governance policies and procedures
- Draft, negotiate, and review various research and development agreements, including but not limited to, contract research organization (CRO) agreements, collaboration agreements, material transfer agreements, and confidentiality agreements
- Stay current with evolving legal guidance and partner with key stakeholders to develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures to ensure compliance
- Ensure compliance with SEC and NASDAQ rules and regulations
- Act as an advisor on legal issues involving the organization’s government, privacy and regulatory compliance
- Drive strong company culture as we grow and evolve
- 4+ years legal experience with a publicly traded biotechnology or life sciences company and / or a law firm advising biotechnology or life sciences clients on public company reporting, compliance, and contract matters
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and member of at least one U.S. state bar
- Experience with drafting and negotiating a broad range of contracts specific to the life sciences industry
- In-depth, substantive expertise in the ‘33 and ‘34 Act
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with people at different levels
- Ability to distill complexity and to communicate decisively with sound judgment
- Intellectual curiosity and an interest in working on a broad variety of legal matters
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, cross-functional environment
- High-energy professional with demonstrated self-confidence, high integrity, and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion in handling sensitive legal matters
- Desire to be a key part of a high-growth, early-stage biotechnology company
You deeply identify with core Quantum-Si values:
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in less time than your industry peers
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in Sorrento Mesa area of San Diego
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.