Chip Characterization Engineer
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
As a chip characterization engineer you will work in an R&D environment to characterize pixel performance of CMOS image sensors for next-generation medical applications. At Quantum-Si, you will have the opportunity to develop the first-in-the-world products with a collaborative team of world-class scientists and engineers.
- Characterize pixel performance to determine the optimum pixel process for new CMOS image sensors
- Investigate the root cause of observed pixel performance with scientific experiments
- Draw conclusions based on experimental data and present findings to pixel/circuit/process design teams
- Develop the software and hardware of test systems
- Support protein sequencing team and production test team with detailed pixel characterization
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Solid State Physics, or closely related field
- Strong Python (preferred) or MATLAB programming skills with experience in practical application for semiconductor device test
- Good foundational understanding of semiconductor device physics
- Familiarity with basic analog and digital circuits
- Strong hands-on, debugging and problem-solving skills to ensure data integrity
- Strong analytical skills to scientifically interpret experimental data
- Strong presentation and communications skills to report experimental results
- Previous industrial experience in CMOS image sensor characterization is a plus
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental and vision coverage - as a health- tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
- For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.