Senior/Staff Scientist, Biocatalysis and Bioorganic Chemistry
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
The R&D team at Quantum-Si is responsible for bringing our technology to life. For more than a decade, next-generation DNA sequencing has transformed every aspect of the life sciences. However, genetics is only one component of human disease. New tools are required to understand how genes interact with the environment to improve how we develop drugs, diagnose patients, and combat outbreaks. The R&D team plays a critical role in developing products that will be used all around the world. Come work alongside a world-class team of scientists and engineers to define a new frontier for next generation sequencing.
As Senior/Staff, you will lead assay development efforts for a major initiative related to our core single-molecule technology platform. You will contribute scientific leadership and skills to a multi-disciplinary team of scientists (including biologists, chemists, and computer scientists) who will develop highly innovative assay options for commercial application while meeting project timelines. You will possess a strong working knowledge in biocatalysis techniques including but not limited to protein purification/characterization, chromatography, kinetic assays, and small molecule synthesis and characterization. The key requirements of the role are to provide strong technical skills across a breadth of Chemical Biology and Organic Chemistry
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Purify and characterize proteins/enzymes at various scales and in different systems.
- Label proteins and evaluate them with biochemical assays.
- Execute and interpret protein kinetic assays.
- Report results and work effectively with a cross-functional team.
- Working proficiency and experience with modern bioconjugation techniques.
- Experience working on High-Throughput Screening and automation is desirable, but not required.
- Plan, execute, and evaluate multiple scientific strategies in parallel where appropriate.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, analytical, communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience in assay development is desirable.
- Experience using computational techniques to analyze biological data desirable, but not required.
- Advanced degree(s) in Chemistry, Chemical Biology, or Biochemistry.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in either academic or industry settings.
- Experience developing enzymatic or bioorthoogonal reactions into chemoenzymatic synthetic routes is desired, but not required.
You deeply identify with core Quantum-Si values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Applicants, please answer the following in your cover letter:
Describe an exciting scientific problem that you have worked on and what you found most appealing.
What aspects of Quantum-Si most interest you?
Please describe yourself in one word.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.