Cartridge Assembly Engineer
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
Due to our rapid growth, we are seeking a highly motivated individual to join a team of engineers and scientists as a Microfluidic Cartridge Assembly Engineer/ Technician. This position requires the ability to function with minimal oversight and convert customer demands into the finished product. This role will require an individual who demonstrates a proactive mindset to manage multiple tasks and drive them to completion in a timely manner.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for providing accurate, efficient, and quality workmanship in the assembly and QC of multi-component microfluidic cartridges.
- Assembly of microfluidic cartridges; including populating, inspection, cleaning, QC, and packaging for shipment.
- Execute detailed production protocols and ensure continuous operation of equipment to meet production targets assigned by management.
- Effectively and immediately communicate any complications that arise during manufacturing; work with engineers to establish and maintain a solution.
- Extensive use of QC tools and performance of precision tasks requiring a high level of attention to detail.
- Must be able to follow specific procedures and remain focused on exact and repetitive assembly tasks.
- Recording manufacturing tasks in batch records as well as computer data entry.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience in precision high-tech production or manufacturing or assembly or related positions within engineering, biology or chemistry.
- Hands-on experience for hardware assembling and engineering is desired.
- AAS or higher degree in a related technical field (engineering, chemistry, biology) is preferred.
- Knowledge of basic statistics and basic algebra.
- Ability to understand flowcharts, formulas, and graphs.
- Practical experience in a laboratory environment with the ability to properly utilize and maintain a laboratory notebook.
- Can quickly learn and apply new skills, processes, and approaches.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written English) and can effectively document their work.
- Good eye-hand coordination and fine manual dexterity required.
- Skilled in the use of microscopes, stereoscopes, and cameras.
- Experience using measurement tools and understanding unit conversion.
- Basic knowledge of statistics and data management skills (e.g., Excel) preferred.
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in the heart of Guilford, CT
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.