Senior Field Application Scientist
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
As Senior Field Application Scientist, you play a key role in the successful launch of our Next Generation Protein Sequencing platform. In this role you will act as the primary technical contact for our customers. You will be responsible for developing strong relationships in both pre-sales and post-sales situations. You have experience working in the field supporting new system installations and training and enjoy working with a cross-functional team to leverage key learnings to improve products. You have a deep love for working in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable with rolling up your sleeves to contribute in any capacity required.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Coordinate new instrument installations and customer training
- Troubleshoot issues with customers related to system usage and experimental design
- Collaborate with Product and Marketing teams to provide critical feedback in guiding product roadmaps
- Partner with Sales to develop and drive placement opportunities
- Support our customers to ensure successful experiments leading to high-quality publications
- Be an ambassador for Quantum-Si representing its people and technology
- MS or Ph. D. degree in Life Sciences or Engineering discipline
- 3+ years of relevant industry or lab experience
- Proficiency in with common molecular biology techniques
- Previous experience in a field support role a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time (when appropriate and safe)
You deeply identify with core Quantum-Si values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.