Engineer II, System Integration
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
The System Integration team plays a critical role in forging together all parts of our system into products that will be used all around the world. Come work alongside a world-class team of scientists and engineers to define a new frontier for next generation sequencing.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Software Testing
- Design, develop and execute test cases to ensure the quality of the product by proving that system functionality and user requirements are met.
- Document test results and write test reports.
- Diagnose problems and report bugs and enhancements in a bug tracking system.
- Share knowledge and demonstrate product areas to other team members on an ad hoc basis.
- Assist in determining test methodology, test strategy and test data setup.
- System Integration
- Conduct and analyze system integration evaluations for multi-step, multi-component biological workflows
- Prepare and deliver analyzed reports.
- Prepare and deliver relevant analyses (timeline, component performance, etc.), suggesting root cause activities and corrective actions.
Minimum of 3 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or Biological Engineering. Minimum of 1 year with a M.S. Alternatively, 4 years of directly related experience in lieu of degree may be considered as well.
- Working experience with biological assay development and operation.
- Excellent writing and communication skills are required, and the ability to interact well in group meetings/working environments.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to follow complex protocols accurately and reproducibly.
- Keen powers of observation, able to identify and capture critical insights associated with testing processes.
- Takes ownership of tasks and problems and provides solutions.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic who can work independently, but who also functions well in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated soft skills: able to maintain excellent rapport with colleagues in the face of tight timelines.
- Experience with:
- Next Generation Sequencing workflows and reagents and/or
- Protein sample preparation workflows and reagents
- Experience working in start-up environments
- Some programming experience, such as Python, C or C++
You deeply identify with core Quantum-Si values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.