Inventory and Revenue Accounting Manager
Manage and oversee effective preparation, analysis, and insight for inventory balances and cost of goods sold. Ensure accurate and timely close processes are in place and implement measures to identify all material transactions are appropriately recorded in accordance with U.S. GAAP and accounting standards consistent across the organization. As an integral member of the Accounting team, this position coordinates the processing of large amounts of transactions to provide insight into operational performance. This position requires excellent analytical skills, experience in cost accounting and inventory management, revenue accounting and the ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The ideal person would be someone with medical device or life sciences industry exposure. If you are the type of person who enjoys a challenge which includes establishing new processes, and who can dig for information and problem solve independently while also interfacing with management, this could be a great role for you. This role will report to the VP, Controller, with exposure to Quantum-Si’s Senior Leadership Team.
- Design and implement inventory costing and inventory management processes utilizing NetSuite.
- Once inventory processes are established, coordinate the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of period end close activities for inventory, related inventory reserves and COGS, revenue, including journal entries, account reconciliations and roll-forwards in accordance with reporting deadlines.
- Manage inventory (physical inventory observation, cycle counts, adjustments and reconciliation).
- Provide senior management effective understanding and analysis of inventory and COGS actual results, budget development and variance reporting.
- Manage COGS functions, including inventory transactions and variances.
- Oversee cost accounting related to scrap, bills of material, LCM, standard costing, etc.
- Prepare inventory records and cost data in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SOX internal control requirements.
- Implement revenue accounting and the billing process.
- Prepare and maintain schedules and supporting documentation needed for management, internal and external reporting, internal and external auditors, and SOX requirements.
- Assist with general accounting responsibilities, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 8-10 + years Accounting experience with exposure to the medical device, life sciences, manufacturing or high tech. product industries
- Significant hands-on experience in inventory and revenue with NetSuite
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems, develop solutions, and implement successful and maintainable process changes that improve accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness
- Strong communicator both verbal and written
- Must excel in a fast-paced start-up type environment
- Supervisory / Management experience a plus
You deeply identify with core Quantum-Si values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!