Senior Scientist Protein Production & Process Development, Biochemistry
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $36 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
The R&D team at Quantum-Si is responsible for bringing our technology to life. For more than a decade, next-generation DNA sequencing has transformed every aspect of the life sciences. The R&D team plays a critical role in developing products that will be used all around the world. Come work alongside a world-class team of scientists and engineers to define a new frontier for next generation sequencing.
The Senior Scientist, Protein Production and Process Development, Biochemistry will be responsible for the development and execution of robust, well understood processes for the timely production of proteins and enzymes with highest quality. This role will also provide a critical leadership in the rapid design of robust, scalable syntheses and isolations, in conjunction with the identification of key process parameters and their relevant process controls. With a world-class team to work with, your contributions are key to executing our roadmap quickly and getting many products to market. The protein products you will help develop will be used to save people's lives all around the world.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Purify and characterize proteins/enzymes at various scales with existing protocols and develop efficient scale up methods.
- Label/condition proteins and evaluate them with biochemical assays.
- Develop, execute, and interpret protein evaluation QC assays.
- Report results and work effectively with a cross-functional teams.
- Expertise in preparatory to commercial scale expression and purification of proteins/enzymes.
- Set up and operate complex instrumentation and laboratory automation.
- Plan, execute, and evaluate multiple scientific strategies in parallel where appropriate.
- Broad understanding of protein production process and serve as the subject matter expert for upstream and downstream process development of recombinant protein/enzyme candidates
- Candidates must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, and resourceful, and have proven and effective line management skills to build and lead a small team for production and process development.
- Author technical SOPs, including drafting, reviewing, and approving for use and for the technology transfer
Ph.D with 5+ years/ MS with 10+years relevant industry experience in Biochemical Engineering/Biochemistry with a focus on protein purification involving bioreactors.
Required upstream and downstream processing expertise for protein purification.
Experience with enzyme purification and assay development is highly desirable.
Expertise in setting up and operating lab/pilot scale instrumentation for protein purification and validation.
Technical proficiency in chromatography (HPLC, AKTA), protein labeling, enzyme-substrate interaction assays and proteolytic assays.
Highly organized, detail-oriented individual, able to handle manage a small size protein production team and CRO relationships.
You deeply identify with core Quantum-Si values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Applicants, please answer the following in your cover letter:
Describe an exciting scientific problem that you have worked on and what you found most appealing.
What aspects of Quantum-Si most interest you?
Please describe yourself in one word.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.