Senior/Staff Deep Learning Scientist
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $36 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
We are searching for a deep learning scientist to join our growing team working on challenging problems in the field of single molecule sequencing. The candidate should be a self-starter with the ability to quickly adapt to new situations, learn new technologies, and collaborate and communicate effectively. This role is initially focused on using ML and DL to enhance and improve our signal processing pipeline. Various responsibilities include developing and testing models for filtering, characterizing, and understanding time series signals from our sensor under different experimental conditions; helping to define and develop the ML/DL infrastructure required to support this work; developing an evaluation framework for benchmarking performance and visualizing the model’s inner workings; estimating data requirements and performing necessary wrangling, including data augmentation methods, to achieve goals.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or similar field (Ph.D. is preferred).
- 3+ years of industry experience with deep learning algorithm development and optimization
- Experience with time series data and solid understanding of time series modeling. Signal processing with noisy sensor data is a plus.
- Solid understanding of and experience with applying deep learning to real-world problems, including hands-on experience creating and training DL models in deep learning frameworks, e.g., Tensorflow, Pytorch, Jax. Custom loss function experience is a plus.
- Holistic understanding of deep learning concepts, state of the art time-series research, and the mathematics of machine learning. Familiarity with CNN, RNN/LSTM, Transformer.
- Experience with parallel computing, GPU/CUDA, and OpenCL programming is a plus.
- Top-tier conference publication record is a plus
- Industry experience in biotech related projects is a strong plus
You deeply identify with our core values
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!