Senior/Staff Bioinformatics Scientist
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $36 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
Quantum-Si is seeking a bioinformatics scientist to join our growing team working on challenging problems in the new field of single molecule protein sequencing. This is an exciting opportunity to help define the core bioinformatics algorithms and pipelines that will introduce the world to protein sequencing. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to one or more of several areas to build this fundamental technology, including: statistical and data-driven modeling, experimental analysis and design to drive platform development, proteomics database design, and the creation of the first next generation proteomics algorithms and applications. The ideal candidate will be able to work effectively with our highly interdisciplinary and collaborative teams to identify project requirements and propose, refine, and implement creative solutions to challenging problems. They will be highly self-motivated with the ability to think outside the box, learn new technologies, and collaborate and communicate effectively with computational and experimental scientists.
We will invite a successful candidate to join us at our headquarters in Guilford, CT or in one of our offices in San Diego, CA or New York, NY. Remote work possible for the right candidate.
- Track record of developing novel computational approaches to solve complex biological problems
- Experience working with large genomic or proteomic datasets
- Deep understanding of probability, statistics, and machine learning
- Deep knowledge of Python scientific computing libraries (numpy, scipy, sklearn, etc.)
- Excellent data summarization and visualization skills
- Love for working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with laboratory scientists
- Experience with protein informatics, mass spectrometry data analysis applications, and other related areas a plus
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, or other related field
You deeply identify with our core values
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!