Senior Software Engineer - DevOps
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
We are looking for a senior devops engineer to improve and maintain our internal computational infrastructure. Various teams within our company rely on complex computational set ups involving clusters, file servers, databases, and networks to move large datasets and perform round-the clock data processing jobs, analyses and simulations. These teams cover a range of focus areas such as signal processing, proteomics, chip design, photonics, and molecular dynamics. We are looking for the devops position to engineer high performance and fail-proof solutions to managing access to our data and automating the deployment and management of various infrastructure services to a greater degree.
Experience in several of these areas is recommended:
- Linux systems administration
- good knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu/Debian), networking and file systems
- file system optimization
- data lifecycle management => backups, caching, archiving
- services and network performance monitoring
- Cluster management
- cluster setup, utilization and availability optimization (Slurm, Spark)
- caching strategies for data locality within computational environments
- automating aws clusters (scale up/down)
- Deployment automation and management
- aws cloud formation
- Compute: EC2 / ECR / Spot fleets
- Storage & messaging: SQS / S3 / Glacier
- Automation: Auto Scaling / CloudFormation
- cost optimization strategies
- usage monitoring
- fine grained IAM permission policies
- separating aws VPC into different accounts
- Samba file sharing from Linux with user accounts and permissions
You deeply identify with our core values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Fully covered medical insurance plan along with a generous company sponsored health reimbursement account, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off - personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results plus 14 paid holidays inclusive of MLK Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day and Veterans Day
- Parental Leave - we provide a generous 10 week parental leave and additional 6-8 weeks pregnancy related leave for birthing parents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.