Senior Chip Characterization Engineer
Quantum-Si is developing the world’s first Next Generation Protein Sequencing platform and paving the way for the future of biomedical research. We are bringing together breakthrough technology at the intersection of hardware, software, biology, and semiconductor chips to change the field of proteomics from analog to digital.
Quantum-Si is a well-funded, rapidly growing biotech company founded by award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur, Dr. Jonathan Rothberg. Quantum-Si (QSI) is a publicly traded company on the NASDAQ.
Next generation DNA sequencing transformed every area of life sciences and joining Quantum-Si is an opportunity to define the next generation of protein sequencing through the power of revolutionary technology. Join us on a journey to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our product will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
As a chip characterization engineer you will work in an R&D environment to characterize pixel performance of CMOS image sensors for next-generation medical applications. At Quantum-Si, you will have the opportunity to develop the first-in-the-world products with a collaborative team of world-class scientists and engineers.
- Characterize pixel performance to determine the optimum pixel process for new CMOS image sensors
- Investigate the root cause of observed pixel performance with scientific experiments
- Draw conclusions based on experimental data and present findings to pixel/circuit/process design teams
- Develop software and hardware of test systems
- Support protein sequencing team and production test team with detailed pixel characterization
- Master’s/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Solid State Physics, Materials Science, or closely related field
- At least 3 years industrial experience in CMOS image sensor characterization required
- Expert understanding of semiconductor device physics, with focus on CMOS image sensors.
- Strong hands-on, debugging and problem-solving skills to ensure data integrity
- Strong analytical skills to scientifically interpret experimental data
- Strong presentation and communications skills to report experimental results
- Knowledge of analog and digital circuits.
- Python (preferred) or MATLAB programming skills with experience in practical application for device test
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental and vision coverage - as a health- tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
- For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.