Pixel Design and Integration Engineer
Quantum-Si’s developing the world’s first Next Generation Protein Sequencing platform and paving the way for the future of biomedical research. We are bringing together breakthrough technology at the intersection of hardware, software, biology, photonics, and semiconductor chips to convert the field of proteomics from analog to digital.
Quantum-Si is a well-funded, rapidly growing health-tech incubator founded by award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur, Dr. Jonathan Rothberg. Quantum-Si benefits from being a 4Catalyzer company, an incubator of health-tech companies (most notably Butterfly Network) who has raised over $700 million in funding.
Next generation DNA sequencing transformed every area of life sciences and joining Quantum-Si is an opportunity to define the next generation through the power of revolutionary technology. Join us on a journey to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our product will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
We are seeking a talented individual that will work with our small focused team on the design and improvement of our unique semiconductor chip that has the power to decode the molecules of life, starting with proteins.
This is a tremendous opportunity, and you will be working alongside a collaborative team of world-class scientists and engineers who are driven to change the medical diagnostic industry.
We look forward to discussing how your qualifications and experience can help us succeed.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Work with the team on optimization of the design and process for advanced time-resolved pixels
- Design of advanced time-resolved pixels
- Working with foundry partner to run wafer lots for technology development, as well as manage lot movement
- Assist in mask tape out of advanced image sensors
- Define mask logic operation and work with the foundry for zero-mistake implementation
- Confirmation that mask job review matches the tape out database
- MS degree with at least 10 years additional experience, or a PhD with 5+ years additional experience, in Electrical Engineering or Physics, Material Science, or related field.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in the semiconductor processing foundry industry in advanced process development.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in CMOS image sensor development and/or design.
- Experience with building and maintaining foundry relationships is mandatory.
- Minimum 1 year experience in time resolved pixel design and process optimization.
- Proven track record of CMOS image sensor innovation and key performance improvement
- Extensive knowledge of full loop CMOS processing
- Extensive knowledge of CMOS Image sensors and their operation.
- Extensive knowledge of specific CMOS processing for CMOS image sensors
- Extensive knowledge of FSI and BSI sensor technologies and processing
- Expert understanding of semiconductor device physics, with focus on CMOS image sensors.
- CMOS image sensor pixel design, layout, and tapeout experience
- Fluent in cadence virtuoso
- Data analysis and presentation of key findings and conclusions
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.