Senior Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Quantum-Si’s developing the world’s first Next Generation Protein Sequencing platform and paving the way for the future of biomedical research. We are bringing together breakthrough technology at the intersection of hardware, software, biology, photonics, and semiconductor chips to convert the field of proteomics from analog to digital.
Quantum-Si is a well-funded, rapidly growing health-tech incubator founded by award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur, Dr. Jonathan Rothberg. Quantum-Si benefits from being a 4Catalyzer company, an incubator of health-tech companies (most notably Butterfly Network) who has raised over $700 million in funding.
Next generation DNA sequencing transformed every area of life sciences and joining Quantum-Si is an opportunity to define the next generation through the power of revolutionary technology. Join us on a journey to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our product will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
The Payroll & Benefits Specialist administers the company payroll, benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and 401(k) plan.
The person in this role will also oversee all payroll functions, ensuring payroll is processed on time and accurately and is in compliance with all federal, state and local regulations. The individual will be the company’s subject matter expert with all payroll, benefits and HRIS administration.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting (W-2, W-2C, etc).
- Oversees the preparation of required reports or payments to government agencies, insurance companies, or other organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Assists employees regarding benefits issues and plan changes.
- Distributes all benefits enrollment materials and determines eligibility.
- Enrolls employees with carriers and processes life status changes in the HRIS system.
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Responds to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts. Manages the annual catch-up contribution enrollment.
- Assists with the open enrollment process.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field of study.
- Five years’ experience in calculating and processing in house payroll
- Prior experience with benefits administration required
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Must be detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.