Scientist I/II, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $36 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
The R&D team at Quantum-Si is responsible for bringing our technology to life. For more than a decade, next-generation DNA sequencing has transformed every aspect of the life sciences. However, genetics is only one component of human disease. New tools are required to understand how genes interact with the environment to improve how we develop drugs, diagnose patients, and combat outbreaks. The R&D team plays a critical role in developing products that will be used all around the world. Come work alongside a world-class team of scientists and engineers to define a new frontier for next generation sequencing.
As Scientist I/II, you will bring a passion for research and eagerness to learn about single-molecule technology and product development. In this role, you will be responsible for critical support of senior scientists in driving forward key R&D programs related to our core technology. You have a deep love for working in a fast-paced startup environment and are self-motivated.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Help setup, organize and design a new R&D site for single-molecule biochemistry and product development.
- Conduct and design experiments for novel assay development and single-molecule based applications for our core technology.
- Prepare, analyze and discuss experimental data in support of a major research initiative or workflow development program.
- Support senior scientists as part of a collaborative, team driven environment.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, potentially involving protein chemistry, single-molecule characterization, assay development, bioconjugation and other related disciplines.
- Expected to maintain high quality records and effectively communicate in a team environment.
- Periodic weekend work and long days may be required.
- BA, BS, or MS in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Molecular Biology or related field.
- Basic molecular biology and biochemistry skills including technical proficiency with common laboratory techniques.
- Experience setting up and operating lab instrumentation.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented individual, able to perform experiments/protocols with limited guidance.
- High level of curiosity and desire to learn more about the fundamentals of biochemistry and single-molecule work.
You deeply identify with core Quantum-Si values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in Sorrento Mesa area of San Diego
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Applicants, please answer the following in your cover letter:
Describe an exciting scientific problem that you have worked on and what you found most appealing.
What aspects of Quantum-Si most interest you?
Please describe yourself in one word.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.