Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
The R&D team at Quantum-Si is responsible for bringing our technology to life. For more than a decade, next-generation DNA sequencing has transformed every aspect of the life sciences. However, genetics is only one component of human disease. New tools are required to understand how genes interact with the environment to improve how we develop drugs, diagnose patients, and combat outbreaks. The R&D team plays a critical role in developing products that will be used all around the world. Come work alongside a world-class team of scientists and engineers to define a new frontier for next generation sequencing.
As Laboratory Manager, you will bring expertise organizing and maintaining a dynamic laboratory environment for chemical and biological tasks. In this role, you will be responsible for key support of all functions required to conduct the experiments at the core of our sequencing technology. You have a deep love for working in a fast-paced pre-commercial startup environment and are self-motivated.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Help setup, organize and design a new R&D site for single-molecule biochemistry and product development.
- Development of inventory system for consumables, ordering, receiving, and maintaining stocks of consumables and chemicals needed for dynamic laboratory.
- Prepare and aliquot reagents and solutions for common lab use.
- Track and maintain freezer stocks of biological samples; manage laboratory biological waste and disposal.
- Manage vendor relationships for consumables and instrumentation; schedule lab equipment repairs, maintenance, installation.
- Packaging and shipping routine samples.
- Light laboratory work, including assistance with protein chemistry, purification or other assay development work as needed.
- Periodic weekend work and long days may be required
- BA, BS, or MS in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Molecular Biology or related field
- Basic molecular biology skills including reagent manufacture and basic formulation
- Experience setting up and operating lab instrumentation
- Highly organized, detail-oriented individual, able to handle ordering and organizational tasks for moderately-sized lab group while also performing routine experiments/protocols
- Familiarity with electronic inventory programs and experience working in a start-up environment are a bonus.
You deeply identify with core Quantum-Si values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in Sorrento Mesa area of San Diego
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.