Senior/Staff Scientist, Molecular Biology and Automated Workflow Development
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Creative development, optimization, and rigorous troubleshooting of automation workflows for sample preparation and other critical processes at the foundation of single-molecule protein sequencing technology.
- Sophisticated characterization of automated single-molecule workflows using cutting edge biochemical, biophysical, and engineering techniques.
- Leverage automation expertise in the development of novel solutions to simplify complex workflows in order enable democratization of single-molecule protein sequencing and delight customers.
- Ph.D. specializing in Molecular Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biophysics, or related field. 4+ years of postdoctoral or industry experience is strongly recommended.
- Expertise in automation of complex workflows, an understanding of fluidics, and a passion to create simple solutions to challenging workflow problems.
- Demonstrated ability to independently and creatively design and execute experiments to optimize and enhance automated biological or chemical workflows.
- Critical attention to detail and ability to apply user input into daily activities to create solutions that the end user may not realize they need.
- Experience delivering automated solutions for biological or chemical workflows such as nucleic acid extraction, protein purification, or mass spectroscopy sample preparation; successful product launch or publication record.
Desired skills/experiences but not required:
- Experience with creating new methods on automated sample preparation platforms such as KingFisher, QIAsymphony, Ion Torrent Chef or Genexus, or Perkin Elmer chemagic.
- Ability to use custom instrument software to translate workflows to machine operations.
You deeply identify with core Quantum-Si values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the oceanfront in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!