Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $36 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
The Paralegal will work with the Quantum-Si companies under the supervision of the General Counsel and other members of the Quantum-Si legal department on matters concerning business transactions, including enterprise and e-commerce sales agreements, business associate agreements (BAAs), sponsored research agreements and a myriad of other contractual arrangements. The Legal Assistant will work in a collaborative environment in service to the mission of democratizing healthcare.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Providing broad-based support and assistance to in-house counsel
- Preparing and filing form agreements and legal documents
- Assisting with preparation, dissemination, and filing of immigration documents
- Coordinating and facilitating document review and signatures
- Scheduling and attending legal conference calls and meetings
- Working with in-house and outside counsel to obtain and customize agreements and legal work product
- Tracking and following up on commercial agreements and legal action items
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate Degree in Paralegal Studies
- Team player with the flexibility to adapt to large workload and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Four or more years of relevant experience with a wide variety of commercial agreements and legal documents
- Medical device, diagnostic, life sciences, pharmaceutical industry, and/or immigration experience a plus
- Excellent legal research, reviewing, and drafting skills
- Highly detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and complete mission critical tasks with minimal oversight
- Superior analytical, interpersonal, communication, organization, and information gathering skills
- Outgoing personality with the ability to interact easily across all levels within the organization
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Experience with high-tech, startup company environments
- Intellectual property (IP) experience
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut OR Beautiful office near the ocean-front in Miami, Florida
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.