Circuit Characterization Engineer
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
We are seeking a talented individual that will work with a focused R+D team to characterize the performance of CMOS image sensors for next-generation medical applications. At Quantum-Si, you will have the opportunity to develop the first-in-the-world products with a collaborative team of world-class scientists and engineers.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- To have ownership of circuit-related characterization of scientific CMOS image sensor products. This will involve the electrical characterization of the full signal path that includes samplers, PGA, ADC, serializer, high-speed digital interfaces.
- Own characterization of other integrated functions such as reference generators, PLL’s, DLL’s, on-chip sensors for voltage/temperature, control logic and clock distribution paths
- Work intimately with mixed-signal IC design team members.
- Characterize imager performance and determine the optimum circuit settings and required design changes for further improvement
- Investigate the root cause of observed imager performance with scientific experiments
- Coordinate experiments for reliability and field failure analysis
- Draw conclusions based on experimental data and present findings to pixel/circuit/process design teams
- Develop software and hardware of test systems
- Support the production team and protein sequencing team as necessary with detailed imager characterization
- Master’s/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Solid State Physics, Materials Science, or closely related field
- 4+ years of industry experience in a closely related field such as characterization engineer for mixed-signal IC products
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills to ensure data integrity
- Strong analytical skills to scientifically interpret experimental data
- Strong presentation and communications skills to report experimental results
- Hands-on experience with semiconductor circuit characterization
- Knowledge in semiconductor device physics and analog circuits.
- Python or MATLAB programming skills
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
- Extensive knowledge of CMOS Image sensors and their operation is ideal but not required
- Knowledge of semiconductor device physics
- Knowledge of mixed-signal circuit operating fundamentals and/or design considerations
- Scientific programming language, such as Python, Matlab
- General understanding of wafer testing and data collection
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.