Engineer - Surface Chemistry
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Perform the critical chemical processing on sensor devices before delivery to internal & external customers
- Pay attention to detail and become proficient in recognizing process issues as well as documenting, communicating, and addressing them proactively
- Maintain and update the database of process details, and continuously improve to ensure that it is traceable and transferrable
- Work with the rest of our team to develop and optimize quality control assays and chemical processing to continuously improve the performance of the sensor chip devices
- B.S. degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, physics, or a related field
- Some knowledge in statistical analysis and the associated tools, such as JMP or R
- Knowledge of basic chemistry, wet lab processing, and film deposition tools
- Wet lab experience and good lab practice are required.
- Good at manipulating small parts and being able to handle ~20 lbs of weight easily.
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.