Engineer - Surface Chemistry
Quantum-Si’s mission is to democratize healthcare to everyone around the world. We are reinventing diagnostic instruments and championing a new era of breakthrough medical technology.
Quantum-Si is a well-funded, rapidly growing health-tech incubator founded by award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur, Dr. Jonathan Rothberg. Quantum-Si benefits from being a 4Catalyzer company, an incubator of health-tech companies (most notably Butterfly Network) who has raised over $600 million in funding.
Joining Quantum-Si is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Perform the critical chemical processing on sensor devices before delivery to internal & external customers
- Pay attention to detail and become proficient in recognizing process issues as well as documenting, communicating, and addressing them proactively
- Maintain and update the database of process details, and continuously improve to ensure that it is traceable and transferrable
- Work with the rest of our team to develop and optimize quality control assays and chemical processing to continuously improve the performance of the sensor chip devices
- B.S. degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, physics, or a related field
- Some knowledge in statistical analysis and the associated tools, such as JMP or R
- Knowledge of basic chemistry, wet lab processing, and film deposition tools
- Wet lab experience and good lab practice are required.
- Good at manipulating small parts and being able to handle ~20 lbs of weight easily.
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.