Optical Manufacturing Engineer
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $36 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Lead the prototype manufacturing line for the optical systems; candidate will be responsible for delivering optical systems on an agreed schedule.
- Manage our class 10k cleanroom.
- Develop and manage all manufacturing aspects of the optical system.
- Lead the effort in the engineering verification testing (EVT) of the optical system and assist in the design verification testing (DVT) phase.
- Manage relationships with various members of our supply chain.
- Actively contribute to the failure analysis efforts.
- Candidate must be open to occasional travel and work at our contract manufacturing site.
- BS/MS/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Operations Engineering/Applied Physics or related field
- Must have demonstrated great organizational and operational skills.
- Experience in building and prototyping optical system.
- Experience in aligning free-space lasers.
- Have prior experience in running and operating a cleanroom.
- Excellent communication skills are required, and the ability to interact well in group meetings/working environments
- Takes ownership of tasks and problems and provides solutions
- Self-starter with a relentless work ethic who can work independently, but who also functions well in a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated team skills: ability to maintain excellent rapport with colleagues in the face of tight development schedules
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Proficient with scientific programming languages (Python, Matlab, or similar)
- Prior industry experience releasing a product and product data management
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.