Head of Operations
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $36 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
Reporting directly to the COO, this individual will act as the firm’s overall supply chain and manufacturing operations leader with vertically integrated end-to-end supply chain responsibility for delivering Quantum-Si proteomics systems to its customers - worldwide.
This executive will work closely with the COO, Vice President Engineering and the rest of the executive team to
- Successfully bring QSi’s first products to market (Platinum, Carbon)
- Develop and execute operating strategies and processes that successfully enhance earnings and enterprise value, as well as support Quantum-Si’s aggressive growth plans.
- Operate a complex, but “virtual supply chain” partnering with upstream fabs, CM’s and downstream configure-to-order 3PL kitting and distribution partners.
The successful candidate will initially be operating in a very large start-up environment – with the opportunity to define core processes and systems – and build the scalable organization from scratch.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Sales & Operations Planning for a complex, vertically integrated supply chain – including an appropriate multi-tiered inventory optimization strategy
- External CM-based manufacturing supported by internal NPI teams
- Semiconductor/Next Gen ASIC’s from an external Fab Partner(s)
- Instrument Manufacturing – Carbon, Platinum
- Consumables Manufacturing
- 3PL-based kitting and customer order fulfillment
- International freight and regional transportation processes
- Kits and consumables purchasing
- Reverse logistics (returns, repair, refurb)
- Quality/Regulatory systems - and systems quality assurance
- Bachelors’ degree in Supply Chain Management is strongly preferred. An MBA is a plus.
- >15 years of global supply chain operations experience required – with multi-function capabilities evident – across multiple industries such as Medical Instrumentation, Semiconductors, and Consumer Electronics.
- NetSuite ERP experience - or equivalent ERP experience. Proven ability to work with key functional business leaders to refine the design and execution of an organization’s forecasting, demand planning, inventory management and order fulfillment processes.
- Strong understanding of international logistics and trade compliance – including the implementation of advantaged incoterm strategies.
- Experience managing a consumer electronics returns process. Experience with refurb processes a plus
- High energy leader who is creative, objective and has impeccable integrity
- Expert-level Excel skills
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes:
- Ability to recruit, develop and motivate a top-flight right-sized team of manufacturing and supply chain professionals as the business scales
- PMP certification a plus
- C.P.M. certification a plus
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.