Sr. Staff Commercial Supplier Manager
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $36 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
- The Sr. Staff Commercial Supplier Manager is a key position responsible for managing very strategic components within electrical and mechanical related commodities for all of Quantum-Si’s medical Instrument portfolio.
- The successful candidate will work cross-functionally with electrical and mechanical engineering design teams, new product introduction teams - and instrument operations at our contract manufacturers - to achieve best-in-class strategic supplier selection, qualification, monitoring – and performance.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Strategic Sourcing
- Supplier Quality Management
- Supplier Performance Management
- Risk Management and Mitigation
- Internal and External Quarterly Reviews
- SCM degree, MS or BS Degree (EE/ME preferred), MBA is a plus.
- At least 6+ years of experience in Global Supply Management with electrical components (ASICs, Microprocessors, PCB, ICs, Passives) or mechanical components (enclosures, plastics, anodized aluminum, ceramic injection molding)
- Demonstrated ability to articulate complex manufacturing & supply chain concepts to business, engineering stakeholders - and external supply chain partners (contract manufacturers, 3PLs)
- Knowledge of and experience with, global supplier development & management, and cost management – with strong negotiation skills
- Must have exceptional ability to maintain and develop relationships within cross-functional teams as well as suppliers’ teams and management
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes:
- Exceptional ability to maintain and develop relationships within cross-functional teams as well as suppliers’ teams and management
- Working experience in Statistical Process Control (SPC), Total Quality Management (TQM) and LEAN. PMP Certification a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – and the ability to work in multinational environments, driven and motivated by accomplishing world-class objectives
- Exceptional analytical and Excel skills
- Travel ~25-30%: mostly for global supplier sourcing and performance assessment related responsibilities – and to contract manufacturers
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.