Research Scientist, Protein Engineering
Quantum-Si's developing the world's first Next Generation Protein Sequencing platform and paving the way for the future of biomedical research. We are bringing together breakthrough technology at the intersection of hardware, software, biology, photonics, and semiconductor chips to transition the field of proteomics from analog to digital. Quantum-Si is a well-funded, rapidly growing biotech company founded by award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur, Dr. Jonathan Rothberg. Quantum-Si benefits from being a 4Catalyzer company, an incubator of biotech and med device companies (most notably Butterfly Network) who have collectively raised over $700 million in funding.
Next generation DNA sequencing transformed every area of life sciences and joining Quantum-Si is an opportunity to define the next generation through the power of revolutionary technology. Join us on a journey to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our product will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities involve:
- Engineering proteins via directed evolution for a next generation protein sequencing platform
- Creatively designing and implementing yeast display strategies using flow cytometry
- Design and construction of diverse mutagenesis libraries using advanced molecular biology techniques
- Development of screening assays and selection methods for improved protein variants
- Identifying and solving challenging technical problems independently; conceiving and implementing innovative ideas for engineering proteins to improve core sequencing performance
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related field
- Deep expertise in display technologies such as yeast, phage, and SNAP display
- Strong and broad experience in molecular biology, protein expression and purification, and characterization of proteins
- A track record of scientific accomplishments as evidenced by a strong publication record or record of achievements in industry
- Experience with NGS library construction and data analysis
- Deep scientific understanding of current developments in the field of protein engineering, and ability to explore and develop new approaches to achieve team goals
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.