Staff Engineer, System Integration
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $36 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
The System Integration team plays a critical role in forging together all parts of our system into products that will be used all around the world. Come work alongside a world-class team of scientists and engineers to define a new frontier for next generation sequencing.
In this role you will draw on your multidisciplinary experience to lead and collaborate on development projects that push the boundaries on performance and usability of our protein sequencing platform. You will work closely with functional teams across the organization as we develop, integrate, and validate new features into our instrument, kit, and chip products. Your contributions may range from optimizing workflows and software features to improve the customer experience, to gleaning insights on performance improvements by analyzing large data sets of single-molecule signals.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Develop and execute experiments that improve the performance of next-generation protein sequencing assays.
- Conduct and analyze system integration evaluations for multi-step, multi-component biological workflows.
- Analyze multiple sources of data to identify root causes and areas of improvement.
- Periodic weekend work and long days may be required.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with a Ph.D. degree in Biological Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Molecular Biology, Electrical Engineering, or related field, or 7 years of experience with a Master’s.
- Collaborative mindset with a track record of hands-on problem solving across technical disciplines, including software/hardware development on complex scientific instruments.
- Experience with protein sample preparation workflows or next generation sequencing workflows is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to follow complex protocols accurately and reproducibly.
- Keen powers of observation, able to identify and capture critical insights associated with testing processes.
- Excellent writing and communication skills are required, and the ability to interact well in group meetings/working environments in the face of tight timelines.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following areas: fluorescence microscopy, fluidics, surface functionalization, lasers, optomechanics, control systems.
- Data analysis using Python or MATLAB.
- Software programming for instrumentation control using C++, Python, or MATLAB.
You deeply identify with core Quantum-Si values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.