Senior Technical Writer
Quantum-Si’s developing the world’s first Next Generation Protein Sequencing platform and paving the way for the future of biomedical research. We are bringing together breakthrough technology at the intersection of hardware, software, biology, photonics, and semiconductor chips to convert the field of proteomics from analog to digital.
Quantum-Si is a well-funded, rapidly growing health-tech incubator founded by award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur, Dr. Jonathan Rothberg. Quantum-Si benefits from being a 4Catalyzer company, an incubator of health-tech companies (most notably Butterfly Network) who has raised over $700 million in funding.
Next generation DNA sequencing transformed every area of life sciences and joining Quantum-Si is an opportunity to define the next generation through the power of revolutionary technology. Join us on a journey to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our product will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
As the Senior Technical Writer, you will be responsible for the creation of clear instructions to help our customers quickly understand how to use our products and achieve results they understand. In this role, you will be operating at the intersection of R&D, Service and Support, Applications and Marketing teams to plan, write, and edit technical documentation for a variety of scientific audiences, including researchers, bioinformaticians and scientists. You have a deep love for working in a fast-paced pre-commercial startup environment and are self-motivated.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Collect data by interviewing specialists, researching written material, attending training and demonstrations, using products, and observing users.
- Review market and product concept documents, and interview subject matter experts, to understand what information would help customers get the most out of our products (maximize their product investment?).
- Work expediently and accurately in modern XML-based content development systems, adhering to best practices and departmental standards for terminology, content management, and reuse.
- Take photographs to illustrate the documentation and work with an illustrator to convert them to technical drawings.
- Release finished documentation to partner teams, and maintain organized records of all materials, drafts, and previous versions.
- Initiate and drive projects to improve customer experience, efficiency, and sensible cost avoidance. Support similar initiatives driven by others on the team.
- Edit the work of other technical writers to ensure high-quality, on-brand content and consistency across deliverables.
- Content types include: reference guides, user guides, package inserts, equipment lists, installation guides, maintenance and repair manuals, support web pages, and more.
- Technical background with PhD or M.S. preferred
- Strong track record of scientific publication or content generation
- Expertise in typical style guides, writing styles, and topic-based authoring
- Proficiency in a variety of tech writing and tools (Flare, RoboHelp, Dita, etc.)
- Conversant in the science of molecular biology, biochemistry, genomics, proteomics, and cloud-based software
- Strong track record of innovative problem solving, applying style guides and processes in creative ways.
- Adept at working on many projects at a time, where analysis of information requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting solutions. Builds relationships with technology communications and project management team members.
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.