Senior/Staff Scientist, Immunobiology
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $36 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Interface traditional immunoassays with the Quantum-Si core technology bioassays.
- Develop and organize Quantum-Si’s immunology lab.
- Work closely with the applications team to develop novel kinetic-based immunoassays.
- PhD degree in Cell Biology, Bioengineering, Chemical Biology, or related field. 4+ years of postdoctoral or industry experience is strongly recommended.
- Expertise in Western blots, immunoprecipitation, fixative chemistries, and Elisa assays is required.
- Applicants' understanding of enzyme biochemistry and organic chemistry would be strongly considered.
- Self-starter with a ferocious work ethic who can work independently, but who also functions well in a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated team skills: ability to maintain excellent rapport with colleagues in the face of tight development schedules
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.