Senior Software Engineer, Life Science Devices
Quantum-Si is developing the world’s first Next Generation Protein Sequencing platform and paving the way for the future of biomedical research. We are bringing together breakthrough technology at the intersection of hardware, software, biology, and semiconductor chips to change the field of proteomics from analog to digital.
Quantum-Si is a well-funded, rapidly growing biotech company founded by award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur, Dr. Jonathan Rothberg. Quantum-Si benefits from being a 4Catalyzer company, an incubator of biotech and med device companies (most notable Butterfly Network) who have collectively raised over $700 million in funding.
Next generation DNA sequencing transformed every area of life sciences and joining Quantum-Si is an opportunity to define the next generation of protein sequencing through the power of revolutionary technology. Join us on a journey to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our product will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
We are seeking a talented individual that will work with a small focused team to design and implement software running on our instrument that will ship commercially. You will initially be responsible for updating the UI system (via Qt5) to our commercial specifications, updating and maintaining GraphQL communications and interfaces to the cloud, implementing high speed efficient data storage and management in a multi-threaded asynchronous CPU friendly way, and adding other new features as required. Strong C/C++ knowledge in a Linux environment is critical. This is a tremendous opportunity, and you will be working alongside world-class scientists and folks who are driven to ship products. We look forward to discussing your qualifications and how you can help us succeed.
- C & C++
- Ubuntu or similar Linux
- Multi-threaded environment
- Familiarity with sockets, POSIX networking
- Large data processing & efficient code
- Algorithm development and implementation
- Software communication with hardware components
- Shipped commercial products
- Python experience
- Qt UI experience
- GraphQL & REST experience
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in the heart of Guilford, CT
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.