Senior Software Engineer-Cloud
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
We are seeking an experienced software engineer to build our cloud platform. Users and devices will connect to the platform to upload the data and collaborate. The cloud platform allows users to schedule genomic and proteomic workflows and run them on our infrastructure, enabling even the smaller laboratories to analyze large volumes of data without having to set up any infrastructure. The cloud platform functions both as a management tool for the laboratories and clinics around the world and an R&D platform where next generation algorithms will be developed.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be to:
- Work across the stack to deliver end to end solutions and features for users and internal R&D, from database schemas to frontend views
- Engineer and automate our cloud environments for security, reliability and scale
- Design and build observability solutions, utilizing modern monitoring, logging, and metrics tools ensure overall system health
- Design and optimize robust CI/CD pipelines for Cloud apps, workflows, and data pipelines
- Build modern solutions using the best technologies available, including Docker, Kubernetes, GraphQL, React.
- Mentor and lead other engineers to achieve our goals
- 3+ years of experience solving distributed systems problems
- Robust experience designing and building modern back-end cloud systems
- A track record of leading developers to deliver effective solutions in a modern, cloud-based architecture, ideally using Python and Node.js
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Ideally, you also have skills and experience in these areas (but it’s ok if you don’t!)
- GraphQL and related frameworks e.g. Relay, Apollo and URQL
- Containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS
- Web apps with live updates - pub/sub solutions (such as Redis), WebSockets
- SQL (especially modern versions of PostgreSQL)
- Designing and building observability solutions, utilizing modern monitoring, logging, and metrics tools ensure overall system health
You deeply identify with our core values
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in the heart of NYC/CT and remote options
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.